To check billing information or change billing-related settings for a team, select the relevant team from the team menu in the top left corner of the Netlify UI, then select Billing.
Organization Owners can access billing information by selecting their organization name in the top left corner of the Netlify UI and going to Organization overview > Billing.
# Organization usage
Organization Owners can check the total bandwidth and build minute usage of their organization and its linked teams on the organization’s Overview page.
All teams belonging to an organization have their own usage allocation, and any usage above the allotment is charged at the organization level. An invoice with a breakdown of the teams’ usage charges is sent on a monthly basis on the corresponding bill cycle day.
# Team plans and usage
Each team has a subscription plan. To check fees and usage for the current billing period, go to Billing > Current services > Team plan.
To upgrade or downgrade your team plan, select the Change plan button to choose your new plan.
# Bandwidth usage
Netlify tracks outgoing bandwidth usage at the team level. Each team plan includes a monthly bandwidth allotment, and usage above the allotment is charged in extra usage packages as described on our pricing page.
# Find your bandwidth usage
Team Owners and Billing Admins can find the team’s current bandwidth usage and current allowance, including extra usage packages, in the Netlify UI.
Find your team’s total current bandwidth under Team overview in the Bandwidth used widget.
You can monitor which sites use the most bandwidth under Billing > Current services > Team plan. Select the dropdown caret to access the bandwidth usage details. Bandwidth usage data updates in near real-time and may require a browser refresh.
# Bandwidth usage calculation
Metered usage consists of all outgoing data traffic on your team’s sites, including:
- pages, files, assets, and other responses served to site visitors on production sites, branch deploys, or Deploy Previews.
- outgoing data sent by your sites in proxied API requests, including requests to Netlify Functions.
Bandwidth metering does not include:
- any data transferred as part of a site build or deploy.
- form submissions or other incoming data.
Need help reducing bandwidth?
Visit our Forums for a verified Support Guide on How to reduce your site’s bandwidth usage (without reducing traffic!).
# Builds usage
Netlify tracks builds usage at the team level. Each team plan includes a number of concurrent builds and monthly allotment of build minutes.
These plan features affect builds as follows:
- Build capacity. Builds will begin as soon as possible, as supported by the concurrent build allotment for your team. If you are using all of your available concurrent build containers at once, subsequent builds will be queued until a build container is made available.
- Build minutes. As builds are created and run, your account will accrue build minute usage. Build minutes include the time it takes for Netlify to execute the directives in your build scripts and deploy your build. They are accrued whether builds succeed or fail.
You can find basic information about your team’s build minute usage under Billing > Current services > Team plan. More detailed information, including usage for the previous billing period as well as current build capacity status, is available on your team’s Builds page. You can also find builds usage information on your Team overview in the Build minutes used and Concurrent builds widgets.
Allowances for both concurrent builds and build minutes can be increased. To increase team build capacity, select the Manage build capacity button on the Builds page. Build minute usage above the plan’s allotment is charged in extra usage packages as described on our pricing page.
You have the option to temporarily stop builds on a site to prevent further build minute usage.
# Edge Functions usage
Netlify tracks Edge Functions usage at the team level. Each team plan includes a monthly invocation allotment, and usage above the allotment is charged in extra usage packages as described on our pricing page. To check your Edge Functions usage in this billing period, go to.
Edge Functions billing starts in July 2023
As Edge Functions have recently progressed from public beta to general availability, we are giving you some time to get a sense of how many invocations you’ll use at scale on your production sites before we begin charging for usage. Once your July 2023 billing period starts, we’ll start billing for usage.
# Site add-on levels and usage
You can find a list of all of a site’s enabled add-ons under Site settings > General > Site details > Add-ons. Selecting an add-on from the list will direct you to the usage and settings panel for that add-on. Select the Change level button to change the level of the add-on.
To check fees and usage for all of a team’s enabled site add-ons, go to Billing > Current services > Site add-ons with fees and select All site add-ons in the menu. Selecting an add-on from the list will reveal a breakdown of level changes and extra usage packages for the current billing period, if applicable, and a link to the add-on’s settings.
Metered add-ons are automatically upgraded based on usage. Note that you cannot downgrade an add-on during a billing period where your usage exceeds the limits of the lower add-on level.
# Domain registrations
To review domain purchases and renewals charged in the current billing period, go to Billing > Current services > Domain registrations. For more information on domain registrations, including how you can disable auto-renewal, visit our doc on domain renewal and expiration.
# Change billing information
To change the billing information for a team, select the team from the team menu in the top left corner of the Netlify UI, then select Billing > Billing details.
The team billing details include the following editable settings:
- Payment method: all charges for domain registrations, add-ons, and plan subscriptions assigned to the team are charged to this payment method.
- Name: name that appears on billing emails and receipts.
- Email: all billing communications and receipts are sent to this email address.
- Details: field you may use for your own internal recordkeeping. The value of this field appears at the top of all receipts.
3-D Secure authentication
When editing a payment method, you may be asked to complete an additional 3-D Secure authentication step to verify your identity with your card’s issuing bank.
Only Owners and Billing Admins can make changes to billing information. For more information about team member permissions, check the team roles documentation.
To regenerate existing invoice receipts with updated billing information, such as VAT details, please contact support.
If you would like to make changes to billing information for an organization, please contact sales.
# Payment history
You can find a list of all previous payments under Billing > Invoices > Paid invoice receipts.
Organization Owners can access their organization’s payment history by going to Organization overview > Billing > Invoices.
Each paid invoice receipt has a link to download the receipt as a PDF.
# Overdue accounts
If payment for a team account is overdue, its service will be shut off in stages. We’ll post notifications in the Netlify UI and to the team’s billing email. To restore full service, use the link in the email or UI banner to provide a valid payment method for the team. For itemized statements of overdue service charges, go to Billing > Invoices > Overdue invoices.
Here’s a timeline of what happens with overdue accounts:
- An account becomes overdue if payment is not made at the end of a team’s billing period.
- This may happen because the team does not have a payment method set up or because the provided credit card details are no longer valid.
- We will send notice, through daily emails and a banner in the web UI, that the team account is overdue.
- We will retry processing the required payment once per day and also immediately after an update to the team payment method.
- After two weeks of non-payment, the team account will be restricted.
- Team members will no longer be able to take administrative actions like adding a new site or changing site settings.
- API PUT/POST/DELETE requests will fail with “Access denied”.
- After four weeks of non-payment, the team account and all of its sites will be suspended.
- The only allowed action will be to update the team payment method.
- When people try to load a site belonging to the team, they will visit a page that says the site has been suspended.
- We will stop sending daily emails prompting for payment. The web UI will continue to show a banner message.
- The team account will no longer incur new charges beyond the overdue amount.
- After eight weeks of non-payment, the team account will be canceled.
- Team members will no longer be able to log in to the Netlify UI.
A team Owner or Billing Admin can restore full service at any time by providing a valid payment method for the team, unless the team account has been canceled. If the account has been canceled, you will need to contact support.
Did you find this doc useful?
Your feedback helps us improve our docs.