With Netlify Connect, you can integrate content from multiple sources into a single data unification layer for easy access through a GraphQL API. Data updates sync automatically to ensure your sites and other web properties always have access to the latest content.
When you unify your content sources through Netlify Connect, you unlock a number of benefits that make it easier to modernize your web architecture:
A single data unification layer that is optimized for global availability, reliability, and performance
No-code integrations that allow you to use data from legacy systems alongside data from your modern CMS
The ability to create private custom integrations that allow you to use data from your proprietary systems
A scalable GraphQL API that allows you to use CMS providers without having to worry about the CMS API’s rate-limiting or expensive bandwidth usage limits
Flexibility to access data through the GraphQL API with any frontend framework — including Remix, Next.js, Gatsby, Vue, Svelte, and Astro
Reduced web architecture migration risk with a modular approach that allows you to create data redundancy (by caching data in Netlify Connect) and then change or update architecture components over time
Individual integrations versus Netlify Connect
Netlify Connect is an Enterprise-only product that’s best for those who have data spread across multiple data sources. If you want to connect your site to a single data source, we recommend you review our individual integrations instead, including our Contentful integration.
# Supported data sources
Netlify Connect supports the following data source types:
- Custom — third-party or proprietary data sources supported by private or partner integrations built with the Netlify SDK
Build support for your custom data source with the Netlify SDK
Create an integration with the Netlify SDK and develop a Connectors component that includes the data model and logic for syncing data from your third-party or proprietary data source. Once you publish your integration, users can select it in Netlify Connect to configure and start syncing data.
# Enable Netlify Connect
To enable Netlify Connect, contact our sales team to request a demo.
Once enabled, thepage will be unlocked in the Netlify UI for your team.
# Get started
Once a Sales team member has enabled Netlify Connect for your team, here’s how to get started:
- Create your first data layer with at least one data source and site connected.
- Monitor the events as we complete the initial data sync for your new data layer.
- Use the GraphQL sandbox to create and test queries against your data layer.
- Generate an authentication token to use in all requests to the GraphQL API.
- Add code to your site to query the GraphQL API for your data layer and use the results in your site.
- Modify content in your connected data source, review the data sync event, and confirm that your connected sites rebuild to get the latest data.
- Go back and edit your data layer to add more data sources, or add another data layer, as needed.
- Logs are retained for five days. All sync events are listed in the Activities section but the logs are currently retained for only five days.
- Continuous deployment is required for site updates. For Netlify to automatically build and deploy your site when data changes, your site must be linked to a Git repository to enable continuous deployment, and it must have active builds.
- Data changes trigger only production branch builds for connected sites. When data changes in your data layer, Netlify automatically builds and deploys the production branch of all connected sites. Currently, it’s not possible to specify a different branch to connect. But, you can use custom webhooks as a workaround.
# Share your feedback
We have more planned for Netlify Connect, but we’d love to hear your thoughts on what is available so far.
Please use the docs feedback form at the bottom of this page to provide feedback and tell us what you think.
# More Netlify Connect resources
Did you find this doc useful?
Your feedback helps us improve our docs.